This product is no longer available.
Please consult Barco's current product offering.
The BarcoReality SIM 4 is the first single-chip DLP™ projector with SXGA resolution, designed especially for simulation and immersive applications. Thanks to Barco’s Flex 4 geometry distortion technology, which is integrated in the projector’s compact industrial design, the BarcoReality SIM 4 can support virtually any type of curved screen application. For simulation applications, specific attention was given to the requirements of Ship Bridge, Air Traffic Control and Driving simulators.
In Virtual & Augmented Reality, the BarcoReality SIM 4 equips CADWalls™ and analysis and decision centers. Its unique features make it also a valuable alternative to CRT projectors in planetariums.
- Standard in all SIM 4s is the proprietary FLEX 4™ processor for pre-distortion of images in curved-screen applications (based on Barco’s WARP 6™ technology)
- Leading-edge geometry distortion range
- Passive stereo optimized for V&AR (linear or circular polarization)
- Optional, proprietary Optical Soft Edge Matching (OSEM): custom-made optical filters to achieve truly seamless blending for multi-channel systems, maintaining full contrast ratio
- Chromatically matched optical engines with additional DynaColor™ electronic color space transformations for elimination of channel-to-channel color variations
- Extended Contrast Ratio: Integrated, optical dimmer for use in night scenery and light output equalization
- Optional Constant Light Output (CLO) for continuous brightness tracking
- Optional linked CLO with linked DynaColor™
- 200 W UHP lamp to produce up to 2000 ANSI lumen
- Optimized engines achieve contrast ratio >1300:1
- Standard fitted with a (1.2 - 1.4):1 zoom lens: Flexible positioning through -100% to +100% off-axis adjustable lens mount. Optional 0.92 and 0.7 fixed lenses
- Standard Scheimpflug Adjustment for use on tilted screen configurations