About Defense tactical collaboration system
The tactical collaboration system provides desktop distribution and recording over standard IP networks for mission-critical systems. Encoding/decoding, recording, and system management products support real-time remote interaction between multiple users and computers with integrated review and wide-area distribution capabilities. The solution can add-on these features to existing systems while enabling future networked technology insertion.
KVM/DVI switching over IP – Real-time pixel-perfect video and desktop distribution connects multiple operators to multiple computers using open standard networks and streaming.
Display recording for After Action Review (AAR) – Capture what operators are seeing and doing, then debrief in a collaborative environment using Nexxis’ AAR tools for training and mission systems.
Distributed Mission Operations (DMO) – Share displayed visual information with remote locations via high quality low-bandwidth video and desktop distribution for wide-area collaboration.
KVM/DVI over IP Highlights
- Connects multiple operators to multiple computers with real-time pixel perfect performance.
- Uses standard 1/10Gb Ethernet switches and cabling.
- Supports multi-screen zero client, server, and workstation configurations with rugged module or dual-channel rack mount packaging.
- Each channel can encode and decode simultaneously.
- Hybrid open standard encoding support simultaneous real-time and low bandwidth distribution
- RFC 4175: RTP Payload Format for Uncompressed Video
- RFC 3984: RTP Payload Format for H.264 Compressed Video
- Decoders can composite multiple sources to enable simultaneous access to multiple desktops as full screen, picture-in-picture, or quad/multi-view with flexible formatting.
- Low bandwidth streams can be recorded and/or distributed to remote facilities and viewed with standard media players.
- Provides redundant network connections and safe pass-thru for failure recovery.
- A networked video based approach supports a variety of computer and display configurations with no impact on system operation or dependency on system software.
After Action Review Highlights
- Captures visual information displayed to operators in distributed computing environments.
- Supports collaborative review of what all operators were seeing and doing during multi-user training or mission operations.
- Connects in-line with display inputs to capture video synchronously from multiple operator stations.
- Supports high resolution display content – up to 4M pixel (2560x1600).
- Multiple encoding options:
- H.264 open standard streaming
- V2D codec – maintains visually lossless compression while being highly tunable for each user to provide the highest possible quality at managed bandwidth.
- Supports recording of any streaming media from cameras or other sources in sync with display content.
- Recorded content from any set of captured sources can be played back in sync using the original equipment or can be viewed collectively on a single screen.
- Capabilities for bookmarking points of interest, DVR-like controls (including instant replay), and system/network/file management are provided.
Distributed Mission Operations Highlights
- Distributes visual information displayed to operators in multi-user computing environments across multiple locations.
- Supports live monitoring and collaboration of what all operators are seeing and doing during mission operations.
- Connects in-line with HMI devices to distribute computer video, bi-directional audio, and USB actions.
- Central administration software provide secure access controls and distribution management.
- DVR-like capabilities support rewind/review during live operations.