Barco just announced the financial results for the first half year of 2018. The reported sales are, as expected, slightly below last year’s level. However, a solid orderbook, positive book-to-bill ratios in each division and strong sales funnels ensure we are on track to deliver sales growth for the next half year.
Our first semester performance demonstrates the progress we are making toward our stated goal of building a stronger foundation that supports improved quality of earnings. We’re pleased with the progress and we continue our strong focus on realizing further business- and cost- efficiencies, while investing in innovative solutions and go-to-market strategies as we advance towards our mid- term objective of achieving an EBITDA margin in the range of 12% to 14% by 2020
Looking back at 2018 milestones
Based on our ‘focus to perform’ program, we advanced key growth initiatives which resulted in a few milestones, including:
Download the full report here.
- Sale of X2O Media
- Opening of the factory for the future in Belgium
- Relocation of manufacturing activities from Norway to Belgium
- Commercial launch of Cinionic, the new Cinema venture
- First 50 installations of UniSee, the new LCD-based videowall
- Opening of local R&D and manufacturing center for Healthcare in Suzhou, China (cf. ‘In China for China’ program’)