ClickShare Windows Driver
The ClickShare Windows Driver provides an additional way to allow a seamless user experience when using the ClickShare Button.
Once installed, the Windows Driver for the ClickShare Button allows the ClickShare client to be started up automatically, without any manual action of the user, comparable to the ClickShare Launcher. It offers an ideal solution for guest users wanting to present using ClickShare, without having to install the ClickShare Launcher.
- Supported Operating System
ClickShare Driver currently only works on Windows Computers (32 and 64 bit), for macOS please see [KB1197]
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.0
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Supported ClickShare firmware version (minimum)
- ClickShare Present (CS/CSE): 1.10.xx
- ClickShare Conference (CX-xx): 2.05.xx
- Windows certified WHQL driver
- No admin rights needed for installation
- Available in Windows Update Store
The ClickShare Windows Driver automatically downloaded from the Windows Update Store and installed on your laptop once you connect a ClickShare Button and provided that your laptop is connected to the active internet connection.
Downloading and installing the driver on your laptop occurs only once (the first time when you plug in an updated Button) and can take up to a couple of minutes. Once the driver is installed, every time a ClickShare Button is plugged into your laptop, the driver will launch the client present on the Button, unless the ClickShare Desktop App is already running on your device.
- Your Windows PC needs to be connected to the internet to download the Windows driver. In case your computer was not connected to the internet the first time you used a ClickShare Button, the behaviour when using the Button with an active internet connection will depend on your operating system.
- Windows 10: Windows driver will install automatically
- Windows 7/8.0/8.1: Windows driver will not install automatically
- The Driver can be manually installed via the Device Manager, after plugging in the Button: Device manager -> Other devices -> ClickShare -> right-click and select Update Driver Software… -> Search automatically for updated driver software -> Barco ClickShare Windows Driver will be downloaded and installed.
- Administrator rights required on your PC
- For the Windows Driver to install, a Button compatible with the CS/CSE products with firmware at least version 1.10 is required. For ClickShare Conference, at least version 2.05 is required.
Make sure that the ClickShare speaker must be enabled on a CS/CSE Button for the driver download to be executed
- To see which version is installed on your PC or to check if the driver is installed on your device, follow these steps:
- Open Task Manager on your PC
- In the Processes tab, search for "Barco ClickShare Autorun Service"
- Right-click on the service and select Properties.
A new window opens, go to the Details tab, you will find the version information, as can be seen in the image below:
- To update the Windows Driver version, plug in a ClickShare Button and launch Windows Update on your PC. In case the update does not appear as shown below, make sure to also "Check online for updates from Microsoft Update".
Prior to update, make sure to check the Windows driver version installed on your PC - see the bullet above "How to check"
For security reasons, the Windows Driver was updated to version 1.18.0 in September 2020. This update requires the minimum Base Unit versions mentioned in this article. More information can be found in [KB11527].
Last updated Nov 18 2020