Implementations in latest ClickShare Desktop App for windows with version 04.27.00.0008 have been triggering the issue previously mentioned in Unresponsive Windows taskbar or user shell folder permissions issues with ClickShare App Calendar integration.
When the App starts to read the Outlook Calendar, it can trigger the following issues:
- The Windows Start Menu does not respond to mouse clicks or the Windows key.
- Windows Search does not respond to mouse clicks on pressing the Search button or Windows+S key.
- Microsoft Outlook can’t connect and sync anymore.
- Microsoft OneDrive can’t connect and sync anymore.
Although the issue is triggered by the ClickShare App, the root cause is a bug in the Microsoft Office API (MAPI). This bug removes application packages' permissions from the following Registry path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
Security, and user experience are crucial for us. Therefore, we have removed version 4.27 from our update server as soon as the first reports came in.
- Ensure the ClickShare App is updated to version 4.27.2 or higher.
- Ensure the Calendar integration is disabled (default disabled as of 4.27.2).
- Follow the guidance provided by Microsoft here to recover the user profile: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/shell-experience/troubleshoot-start-menu-errors#symptom-start-menu-and-other-shell-components-broken-by-third-party-app-clickshare
Latest MSI installer can be found here: https://www.barco.com/en/clickshare/support/clickshare-desktop-app/drivers
Last updated Mar 17 2023