Barco’s collaboration tools enable us to dynamically display the exact visuals we want, the way we want to enhance decision-making.
The agency invested in a modular, fit-for-purpose solution that provided the necessary flexibility in light of the state’s future funding uncertainty. The result? A giant overview video wall comprising (90) 46-inch monitors, with a 3x4 configuration of 55-inch monitors (18-feet diagonal), driven by Barco TransForm N streaming video processor and CMS collaboration software.
Operators can collaborate more freely – viewing, managing and sharing data on freeway incidents, accidents and maintenance projects on their individual workstations or pushed on to the large overview video wall.
“With Barco’s CMS and TransForm N, we can use the center video wall as a giant TV monitor, or create custom perspectives by dragging and dropping images from multiple sources. This gives us the flexibility to handle any situation, from major crises, to traffic jams, to public tours,” comments Michael Forbis, ITS Program Manager for WSDOT.
- Barco TransForm N streaming media platform
- Barco Control Room Management Suite (CMS) collaboration software
- Dynamic overview of real-time live videos from multiple sources
- Flexible overview wall management software facilitates big picture
- Simplifies sharing common operational picture with operators and remote stakeholders