How problems with meeting technology impacts the IT manager
Corporate and lobby
Following independent research of 1000 office workers, conducted by Barco and Vanson Bourne into how meeting technology impacts stress, here is a list of the top 10 findings, and how they impact today’s IT manager.
- Stresses about technology issues are proving to be a regular reality for many office workers- half of all office workers say that technology frequently causes problems in meetings!
- Around three in ten office workers regularly worry about technology failure: making sure everyone is able to connect (32%) and sharing content/screens during meetings (21%) are among the biggest worries
- Over half of office workers regularly experience issues with sharing content/screens (58%) or making sure everyone is able to connect (51%).
- Two thirds of office workers find themselves taking time out of their day to ‘rehearse’ with technology before a meeting; a huge waste of their valuable time and office resource
- Half of all office workers feel they need to coordinate with IT in advance of meetings, putting huge strain on the IT department
- Faced with a technology issue during a meeting, two thirds (66%) would try to fix the problem themselves and around half would either call IT support (50%). Many respondents may in fact make the problem worse by attempting to fix it themselves
- Around a quarter of people report that they have missed deadlines and important actions as a result of poorly functioning meeting room technology. This means reduced productivity for the entire business
- Appearances matter: a worrying 12% of office staff admitted that they had lost the company business as a result of struggling with technology in meetings
- Nearly a third of office staff experience decreased morale due to faulty technology. At its heart, this is a serious business issue: demoralised employees are not productive employees
- 74% of all office workers believe that their organisation should invest in better technology for meetings. This is clearly something that should be a high priority for the IT manager
For the full report, click here.
Stay in touch
Receive the latest news about our service & products
we will not share your e-mail address with 3rd parties
Now check your inbox and confirm your subscription!