Following independent research of 1000 office workers, conducted by Barco and Vanson Bourne into how meeting technology impacts stress, here is a list of the top 10 findings, and how they impact today’s IT manager.
- Stresses about technology issues are proving to be a regular reality for many office workers- half of all office workers say that technology frequently causes problems in meetings!
- Around three in ten office workers regularly worry about technology failure: making sure everyone is able to connect (32%) and sharing content/screens during meetings (21%) are among the biggest worries
- Over half of office workers regularly experience issues with sharing content/screens (58%) or making sure everyone is able to connect (51%).
- Two thirds of office workers find themselves taking time out of their day to ‘rehearse’ with technology before a meeting; a huge waste of their valuable time and office resource
- Half of all office workers feel they need to coordinate with IT in advance of meetings, putting huge strain on the IT department
- Faced with a technology issue during a meeting, two thirds (66%) would try to fix the problem themselves and around half would either call IT support (50%). Many respondents may in fact make the problem worse by attempting to fix it themselves
- Around a quarter of people report that they have missed deadlines and important actions as a result of poorly functioning meeting room technology. This means reduced productivity for the entire business
- Appearances matter: a worrying 12% of office staff admitted that they had lost the company business as a result of struggling with technology in meetings
- Nearly a third of office staff experience decreased morale due to faulty technology. At its heart, this is a serious business issue: demoralised employees are not productive employees
- 74% of all office workers believe that their organisation should invest in better technology for meetings. This is clearly something that should be a high priority for the IT manager
For the full report, click here.
Stay in touch
Receive the latest news about our services & products
we will not share your e-mail address with 3rd parties
Now check your inbox and confirm your subscription!