“Stay safe” is the global motto. For many people, this means “stay at home”. However, there are still professionals doing their duty at their working locations, including control room operators. For everybody working with a large video wall, we have created this article on how to disinfect their LCD or rear-projection cubes (RPC) visualization canvas.
Although the disinfecting instructions for LCDs and RPCs are quite similar, there are some important differences. That is why we provide the step-by-step instructions for both technologies separately.
The needed equipment, however, is the same for both. This includes:
- Medical grade ethyl alcohol with concentration 75% (we recommend not to use industrial grade ethyl alcohol as it will leave more stains. Also, do not use higher concentration than 75%, as evaporation speed increases with higher concentration reducing the sanitizing effect)
- Soft cleaning cloth
- Microfiber cloth
- Latex free cleaning rubber cloves (always wear these!)
Please note these instructions were written for Barco video walls, and we do not guarantee the same applies for products of other manufacturers. Also, these cleaning procedures are based best effort, but are not supported by a clinical study. In case of doubt, follow WHO instructions and put material in a 7 days quarantine.
Disinfecting an LCD video wall
After putting on your latex free cleaning rubber gloves, you’re ready to start disinfecting the wall. Always clean one screen at a time, because the alcohol should not remain on the display surface for too long.
- Lightly dampen the soft cleaning cloth with medical grade ethyl alcohol. Do not, under any circumstance, spray liquids directly on the screen,because the liquid can affect the glue connections.
- Then clean the front screen of the LCD for about 15 seconds by gently wiping the cloth, and without touching the edges.
- After cleaning, please ensure the screen surface is dried out with a soft cleaning cloth within 30 seconds of starting the application.
- Wait 60 seconds and repeat the above procedure twice.
Make sure that no alcohol drips into the connections between two screens. This is the biggest hazard when cleaning your LCD video wall.
Disinfecting an RPC video wall
Rear-projection cubes use either glass or acrylic screens as a front surface. If you don’t know for sure which material is used for your video wall, don’t worry: the disinfection instructions for both materials are the same.
- dampen the soft cleaning cloth with medical grade ethyl alcohol. Do not, under any circumstance, spray liquids directly on the screen. This will attack the edge bonding and thus the adhesive seal.
- Then clean the front screen of the RPC, without touching the edges.
- After cleaning, please ensure the screen surface is dried out with a soft cleaning cloth within 1 or 2 minutes.
For rear-projection cubes, we can not enough stress the importance of not touching the edge bonding with the disinfectant.
This is it. We hope these instructions were helpful and will help keep you and your colleagues safe!
Stay in touch
Receive the latest news about our service & products
we will not share your e-mail address with 3rd parties
Now check your inbox and confirm your subscription!