Video has become the new normal and it will continue to be so, even when we go back to the office post pandemic. As we prepare to re-enter the workplace and navigate the post-COVID-19 world, our well-known meeting rules will no longer apply. Next to our remote and hybrid meetings, we will have to get used to a new set of habits in face-to-face meetings in order to meet safe and secure.
With this set of tips & tricks you can still organize collaborative, effective in-person meetings safely and with respect to social distancing. Especially when reconsidering room design and setup, new guidelines will apply.
- Only organize meetings that are strictly necessary.
- Keep meetings as efficient as possible, limit the time and length of your meeting. Having fewer & shorter meetings is always beneficial for the productivity of employees and businesses, that’s no different.
- Use meeting rooms at 50% of the original capacity. Meet in spaces that are large enough for the total number of in-room meeting attendees. Create physical space. Stick to the necessary 1,5 m (Europe) /6 feet (US) in between meeting participants.
- Make sure to wash your hands before the meeting or use the hand sanitizers in the meeting area.
- Create a seating plan with rules for social distancing in mind. Place seats further apart or leave one chair open in between meeting participants.
- Use tilted seating, so don’t sit in front of a co-worker.
- Leave doors and windows open where possible for better circulation of air.
- Enable meeting rooms and huddle spaces for virtual calls to connect both on-site and remote workers. Make sure several UC solutions can be used in your meeting rooms.
- Use apps and software solutions wherever possible to connect to AV equipment. Share your content to the meeting room screen with the ClickShare Apps for simple, easy collaboration.
- Don’t organize food or drinks for your meetings. Everyone should bring their own refreshments.
Stay in touch
Receive the latest news about our services & products
we will not share your e-mail address with 3rd parties
Now check your inbox and confirm your subscription!