The June ClickShare software update brings important enhancements to the ClickShare Present and Conference ranges. The new release makes app-based conferencing publicly available for all users, introduces the new PresentSense functionality, and enables meeting users to share content in Theater Mode.
1. App or Button? Your choice.
ClickShare Conference users can now also fully enjoy the surprising ease of wireless conferencing via the ClickShare Desktop App.
Whether your workplace relies on the plug-and-play simplicity of the ClickShare Button or the workflow integration of the ClickShare Desktop App, you can enjoy the seamless experience of wireless conferencing. The Button is an instant plug-in for both employees and guests, while the App can be pushed through an MSI package to all employee laptops.
The ClickShare App enables users to join their Zoom, Webex or Microsoft Teams call in a single click and automatically connect to the camera and speakerphone in the room. No cables are needed. ClickShare Conference is the perfect match for your digital workplace strategy. Touch or touchless, Button or App. It’s your way of working, your decision.
Do you want to enable wireless conferencing via the App? Be sure to download and the MSI installer.
2. Walk in and connect
The new ClickShare PresentSense functionality makes sure you seamlessly connect to the room’s ClickShare Base Unit. With PresentSense activated, the ClickShare App will detect the ClickShare Base Unit in the room as soon as you walk in. You no longer need to search through a list of nearby meeting rooms. With just one click, you are connected to the room and you can start sharing or conferencing right away.
3. Share your content on the full display
With the latest firmware release, presenters can use the complete pixel space of their room display to share their content, thanks to ClickShare’s Theater Mode. The ClickShare status bar at the bottom of the screen will disappear when content is being shared and will pop up briefly to show important status changes or notifications. On touch screens, a tag will enable you to bring up the status bar to start annotating and blackboarding.
More experience updates
- Improved experience on tablets: The ClickShare Mobile App now has an optimized layout, which offers improved usability on tablets. All the required controls for connecting and sharing are now at your fingertips.
- Improved peripheral management: You can easily keep your Logitech MeetUp and Rally peripherals up to date and compatible by installing Barco-certified peripheral firmware through the ClickShare Configurator.
- Enhanced camera quality: ClickShare now offers dynamic camera quality, which ensures maximum fluency and minimum latency.
Next to all this, there is also a new software update available for the ClickShare CS(E) product range bringing further improvements to the overall performance and stability.
How to get this update on your units?
The ClickShare platform consists of different components: Base Units, Buttons, Apps and the XMS remote management platform. Enjoying the latest experience requires each of these components to run the latest software versions. And updating is an easy, seamless and automated experience.
- The Base Unit firmware can be installed via the auto-update functionality or it can be manually updated via the ClickShare Configurator. Buttons update automatically over Wi-Fi.
- For the ClickShare Desktop App, it’s recommended to download and install the latest version manually to ensure the App automatically updates to future releases. Once installed, an auto-update function will keep the App up to date. Do you want to enable wireless conferencing via the App? Be sure to download the MSI installer.
- The iOS and Android App are updated according to your mobile device settings.
- The XMS Cloud update runs automatically while XMS (Virtual) Edge can be updated manually.
Need a hand with the update?
Download the latest version of the app on www.clickshare.app.
Let us guide you through the Base Unit software update.
Stay in touch
Receive the latest news about our services & products
we will not share your e-mail address with 3rd parties
Now check your inbox and confirm your subscription!