ClickShare Base Unit enables the users to mirror the macOS devices to the screen connected to the Base Unit using the AirPlay functionality of the macOS.
Depending on the way the ClickShare Base Unit is installed in your company, different actions will be required to be able to share via AirPlay to the ClickShare Base Unit. This KB describes how to use the AirPlay in two different setups:
Barco strongly recommends that you connect the Base Unit to the network and that you always keep your Base Units up to date. For more information on different network setups, see [KB7931] or ClickShare Network Deployment Whitepaper in the Downloads section below.
To know if your specific Base Unit supports the use of AirPlay, please see [KB7843] for a detailed overview of which Base Unit supports which AirPlay version. Also, ensure to keep your Base Unit up to date to make sure that the latest AirPlay version is supported on your Base Unit.
If you are looking to find information on how to use AirPlay on iOS, please see [KB1304].
- Open the AirPlay interface on your macOS device and select the ClickShare Base Unit to which you wish to cast your screen. Note
If the desired Base Unit does not appear in the list, please refer to the ClickShare Network Deployment guide for all information and troubleshooting. The ClickShare Network Deployment white paper can be found in the Downloads section of this article.
- When selecting the Base Unit or the meeting room name from the list, the casting will start, potentially after having entered the pincode shown on the screen
- If you want to cast a virtual secondary (extended) desktop on macOS, select Use As Separate Display
How to use AirPlay on ClickShare when the Base Unit is in standalone or when not integrated into the network?
- Connect to the Base Unit's Wi-Fi (default is ClickShare-xxx or the meeting room name).
a. Click the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar
b. Choose the ClickShare SSID (Wi-Fi name)
c. Enter the password (default is clickshare)
For more detailed information on how to connect to the ClickShare's Wi-Fi, please refer to [KB8045]
Note that by connecting to the ClickShare Wi-Fi, you will lose your internet connection or will switch to 3/4/5G connection if your device supports it. As indicated in the ClickShare Security White paper and for your and your enterprise's security, ClickShare Base Units do not bridge networks to enable connectivity to devices connected to its Access Point.
- Turn on AirPlay casting to the Base Unit by selecting the Base Unit's name or meeting room name in the list.
a. Click the AirPlay icon in the menu bar,
b. Select Base Unit's name or meeting room name in the list
c. Screen mirroring will start, potentially after having entered the pincode shown on screen.
- If you want to cast a virtual secondary (extended) desktop on macOS, select Use As Separate Display.