Activation to reset warranty - Registration to get SmartCare:
- Bringing a ClickShare Conference device online for the first time (this is required during initial setup), see [KB11150]
- This resets the start of the 12-month product warranty to the current date or to the date of 9 months after shipping from Barco, whichever came first
- Only related to the standard warranty, which is 12 months for ClickShare Conference devices
- Registering a device in XMS Cloud (optional step during initial setup) via xms.cloud.barco.com/add
- This starts a SmartCare contract for your device, which lasts 5 years since the start of the warranty
- Registration needs to happen within the first 6 months after warranty reset or SmartCare will not be started upon registration and eligibility will have expired!
- For more information on SmartCare, please see here or [KB11157].
Last updated Dec 08 2020