When it comes to medical-grade display systems, the possibility to clean them is an important aspect to consider. If you can easily clean your display, you’ll be able to work in a safer environment without giving up on hygiene or losing time due to delicate or complex cleaning procedures.
Some displays already have a protective cover, but also those without one can be carefully cleaned. In the next paragraphs, you can find some dos and don’ts on how to clean your medical display.
Use a sponge, cleaning cloth or soft tissue
- Use a sponge, cleaning cloth or soft tissue to clean your display.
- Take care not to damage or scratch the front glass or LCD. Be careful with rings or other jewelry!
- Don’t apply or spray liquid directly to your display! Excess liquid may cause damage to internal electronics.
- Don’t use steel wool, sponges containing abrasives, steel blades or cloths with steel thread.
- Don't apply too much pressure on the display.
Use a recognized product
- Lightly moisten your sponge, cloth or tissue with a product that is recognized for cleaning medical equipment.
- For solvents or alcohol, we refer to tip 3 below: read your medical display guide to check which concentrations are okay to use.
- In case of doubt about a certain cleaning product, just use plain water!
- Don’t leave liquid on the screen. When you are done, wipe it off.
- Do not use: strong alkalis lye, strong solvents, acid, or detergents with fluoride, ammonia, or abrasives.
Read the user guide
Important note on our Coronis, Nio, and Eonis displays
Our Coronis, Nio, and Eonis user guides currently mention that alcohol solutions up to 5% can be used for cleaning. We have received many questions from hospitals and healthcare workers concerning their cleaning instructions.
This concerns all Barco medical displays, manufactured after 1 January 2008, that have a product code starting with:
Some examples are: MDMC-12133, MDCC-6530, … Their user guides will be reworked in due time, but as urgency is key at the moment, we wanted to make sure that this update was available sooner rather than later. You can download our official customer communication via the button below.
Mantenga el contacto
Reciba las noticias más actuales sobre nuestros servicios y productos
No compartiremos su dirección de correo electrónico con terceros
Compruebe su bandeja de entrada y confirme su suscripción