This certification course introduces students to the functionality of the TransForm N system, setup and configuration of main components, troubleshooting, and reporting issues to the Service team.
- This training is the first of a two-part certification training on TransForm N.
- Consists of on-line lessons and instructor-lead instruction.
- It is designed to teach students how to service and maintain all common TransForm N input, output and service nodes.
- The Specialist Level course focuses on the hardware and their functionality mainly, in a way that a TransForm N Certified Specialist is able to assist in installing a full TransForm N Control Room and able to execute basic troubleshooting steps, and to service and maintain components.
- Students will engage in considerable hands-on activities in order to practice their skills.
- The course will be delivered based on the latest available version of TransForm N.
- AVIXA CTS/CTS-D/CTS-I Renewal Units to be earned: 16
- Step One: Completion of Prerequisites
- No less than 1 week prior to the start of class
- Step Two: 4 days of instructor-led training at regional Barco training facility (Starts 1pm Monday / Ends 12pm Friday)
- Step Three: Online exam will become available on the last day of the class
- This training is intended for Barco service engineers and external Service Partners who will service or assist in a TransForm N installation.
- This training is NOT suitable for end-customers: As most projects are unique and combine multiple products and technologies, we recommend end-customers contact their Barco sales, service representative or project manager to request a customized training better suited to answer the specific needs for their project. This way the training can be optimized in length and in content to cover only the components that are installed at the end-customer’s site and that are of relevance, as well as focus on how the system is used, and also accommodate special areas of interest or need.
- Successful completion of the online TransForm N: Getting Started elearning course.
- There will be an assessment administered at the start of class covering the contained topics, take it as many times as needed.
- Download and review the CMS Software (operator training) documentation.
- Successful completion of the online WallConnect Software e-learning course.
- Although this is not directly linked to TransForm N, most installations have a video wall managed by Barco's WallConnect software. It is important to know the role this plays in a control room.
- Successful completion of the Network Assessment quiz
- Validates basic knowledge of LAN and TCP/IP
- Basic knowledge of video and computer graphics (resolutions, formats, protocols)
- Basic knowledge of the Windows 10 Operating system
- Know the difference between a Dynamic and Static IP address and how to set a static IP address on a Windows workstation
- Know how to download files and extract them to their own folders
- Know how to enable file extensions
At the end of the session the attendee will be able to:
- Use a TransForm N system
- Provide end-user training
- Assist Certified Experts with installation of a TransForm N system
- Service and maintain a TransForm N system
- Design basic perspectives and layouts including decorations
- Backup and restore configuration
- Understand where to find help
- Collect relevant information prior to escalating a problem to Barco
Welcome and introduction
- E-learning refresh!
- Introduction to the training room
- TFN overview & Concept
- CMS Server and homepage
- CMS Control panel
(inc. Licensing mechanism)
(inc. Backup and restore)
- Hardware components
- Direct Show Filter Suite
- TransForm N-SD introduction
- CMS display configuration exercises
Video encoders and sources
- 3rd-party network cameras
- EMS (introduction only)
- Proserver and VNC
- Web sources
- Source configuration exercises
Usage and design
- Design exercises
- Sidebar usage and customization
- Perspectives creation
- Applying decorators
- Local application management
- Mini-display and layout creation
- Shortcut keys
- Remote control
Service and maintenance
- Identifying and replacing hardware components
- Replacing a Linux CMS server
- Replacing an NDN
- Replacing an EMS
- Troubleshooting tools
- Information collection
- How to get help from Barco
- Nice to know & resources
- Summary overview
- Exam review
- Additional hands-on
- Becomes available to student via their myBarco account on the last day of class
- 50 Questions
- 2 attempts possible
* The agenda is subject to local changes. The training offerings will define the time when the class starts.