Over Encore Video Processor
The Encore Video Processor (VP) is the heart of the Encore Presentation System, providing all input, output, layering and wide screen "blending" cicuitry. Packaged as a 3RU rackmount unit, each VP can be outfitted with one, two or three Mix/Effect (M/E) boards to meet different application requirements. Models ordered with one or two M/Es can be easily upgraded by adding additional M/E boards.
Each M/E provides two independent Athena scaler channels, Barco Folsom's proprietary scaler that supports universal inputs (for both analog and digital video sources) and smooth real-time PIP movements and re-sizing based on user specified keyframes.
Within an Encore system, each VP is essentiallya single destination, and multiple VPs can be combined to create advanced systems comprised of both single and blended destinations. Each VP's output board provides Program and Preview outputs in both analog and digital formats, plus interface, blending and data-doubling functions which are required to support wide screen applications.
Supported output resolutions include computer resolutions up to 1600 x 1200, analog HDTV resolutions including 720p, 1080i, 1080p, HD-SDI, 2048x1080p Digital Cinema video, and plasma display resolutions. Output synchrolization is supported to lock the output frame rate to an externally applied NTSC/PAL black burst signal.
In terms of input flexibility, the VP accepts standard component and composite analog video formats (NTSC, PAL, SECAM), SDI video, computer resolutions up to 1600 x 1200, analog HD formats including 720p, 1080i, HD-SDI Video, 2048 x 1080p Digital Cinema video, and Plasma display resolutions. In addition, the Athena scaler features 1:1 pixel sampling, motion adaptive de-interlacing for both standard and high definition sources, 3:2 and 2:2 pull down detection, low video delay, aspect ratio correction, image cropping and real-time window resizing and positioning.
A VP configured with three M/Es supports six independent PIP or KEY images, or three transitioning PIPs ¯essentially, the M/Es are the system's "layers". Two un-scaled background channels provide a high resolution backdrop that also supports seamless transitions. Down Stream Key (DSK) effects are supported by a third un-scaled high-resolution input channel.
In terms of creativity, PIPs and KEYs can be sized and positioned anywhere on screen in real-time. Z-order control is used to assign layer priorities to each PIP or KEY, and PIPS can also be linked in pairs to support transitions, or displayed (and transitioned) independently. Keys are used to provide effects such as titles and special masks.
- Supports up to 12 Independent windows or 6 windows with seamless transitions
- (2) Native High Resolution Background channels provide background video with seamless transition effects
- Special Effects
- A full range of transition effects (dissolve, wipe, etc.)
- Smooth PIP Move & Sizing controlled via Key Frames
- Adjustable PIP Aspect Ratio
- PIP Borders, including Drop Shadows and Soft Edge
- PIP Clone (Mirror and Offset)
- Luminance Key
- Split Key (Key Alpha and Fill)
- Reverse Key (Key on Background)
- Color Key (Graphics)
- Alpha Mixing
- (1) Native High Resolution Down Stream Key channel independent of PIP/KEY processing channels
- Video Processing
- 10-bit Processing
- 1:1 Pixel Sampling
- Motion Adaptive De-interlacing (SD & HD)
- 3:2 and 2:2 Pull Down Detect
- Image Cropping
- Aspect Ratio Correction
- Athena Proprietary High-Performance Scaling
- Low Video Delay - Less than 3 Input Fields
- Z-order Control (Priority layers) for overlapping PIP or Key Images
- Each Mixer Layer is dynamically re-assignable as a mixing (transitioning) PIP, or as two individual (SPLIT) nontransitioning PIP or Key Images.
- Still Frame : Frame Grab of Background and Down Stream Key sources
- Complete Look-ahead Preview
- On-Screen Display (Preview monitor) of Layer Information and Status
- Supports Blended Widescreen Projection
- Output Synchronization: Free-Run or Vertically Locked to NTSC/PAL Blackburst
- Edge Blending
- 10-bit Processing
- Variable Overlap
- Supports standard and pre-overlapped Background sources
- Edge Blending (Feathering)