In this article, you will find some basic troubleshooting tips for if you cannot see or connect to the ClickShare SSID (or Wi-Fi signal/name).
See KB 9670 for the information where you can find the ClickShare SSID information.
- Check the following settings on your ClickShare Base Unit:
- Base Unit is powered, switched ON and running without error (Base Unit LED is blinking red, for details see KB 9320).
- Base Unit is not in deep standby mode (Base Unit LED is dark, for details see KB 9320).
- Option Show network info is enabled in the ClickShare Configurator. If disabled, go to Personalisation > On-Screen ID > Show network info and enable it.
- ClickShare Wi-Fi setting is enabled in the ClickShare Configurator. If disabled, go to Wi-Fi & Network > Wi-Fi Settings and enable the Wi-Fi.
- Option Broadcast SSID is enabled in the ClickShare Configurator. If disabled, go to Wi-Fi & Network > Wi-Fi Settings and enable it.
- Check with the the IT administrator that the Base Unit has been set into Wireless Client of Network Integration mode.
- Check the following settings on your device (laptop or mobile device):
- Wi-Fi on your device is switched ON.
- Wi-Fi settings on your device are set to the same frequency band and channel as selected in the ClickShare Configurator. Standard is 5GHz and CH36 respectively.
For iOS mobile devices, the following specific guidelines should be considered/followed:
- Only iPhone 5 and upwards support 5GHz Wi-Fi channels.
- Only iPad2 and upwards support 5GHz Wi-Fi.
- Set the frequency in the Base Unit to 2.4 GHz for connecting with the older device.
- On your laptop, if the ClickShare Base Unit can be accessed over LAN connection, make sure that the option Broadcast SSID is not set to hidden in the ClickShare Configurator.
- ClickShare SSID is not visible on your device - see here.
- ClickShare SSID is visible:
- Incorrect SSID selected: Make sure that the correct SSID is selected (default SSID is ClickShare-<serial base number>) from the Wi-Fi network list on your device (laptop or mobile devices).
- Security level set to level 3: In the ClickShare Configurator, go to Security > Security Level and change the security settings to level 1 or level 2, see KB 5930 for details.
- Incorrect password: Make sure that the correct password is entered when connecting to the Base Unit Wi-Fi. The default Wi-Fi password is "clickshare". Note: Check with your "ClickShare administrator" for the correct password or to reset the Base Unit SSID password, (how to: see ).
- When using an AirPlay, Google Cast or Miracast connection, the Mobile Device settings are by default disabled and it will not appear in the list of available devices. In the ClickShare Configurator, go to Wi-Fi & Networks > Services > Mobile Devices and ensure that the required mobile services are enabled.
- ClickShare Wi-Fi has a weak signal strength:
- Wireless congestion: Use wireless network scan tools to look for free or the least congested channels. Select a new channel or change the used band in the ClickShare Configurator and connected device to see if it improves, see KB 4370 for details.
- Check Base Unit placement.
- Move the Base Unit closer to the meeting room participants.
- Move the Base Unit away from obstructions. For example mounted close to other Wi-Fi hardware at the back of a screen or any shielding that reduces the broadcasting.
- Wrong antenna orientation if still applicable like with CSE devices, in this case reorient the Base Unit antennas.
- Android device only: Most Android smartphone supports a smart Wi-Fi switcher. This enables the Wi-Fi connection when a network with internet access is detected and switches to a data connection (3G/4G/5G) when no Wi-Fi can be found. In case the message Error, host unknown is shown, follow the steps below:
- Close the ClickShare Mobile App, go to the Wi-Fi settings and select the ClickShare SSID of your Base Unit (or swipe down from the top on the home screen and long-press the Wi-Fi icon).
- If you have been connected before, select 'forget network'.
Otherwise, connect and enter the default password clickshare.
- Pay attention to your notification center.
You will receive a 'Wi-Fi has no Internet access. Touch for options' notification.
Touch the notification and set 'stay connected' to "YES".
- In the ClickShare Mobile App, the Base Unit should now be detected.