We have reports about users experiencing issues with the ClickShare Desktop App. When the App starts to read the Outlook Calendar, it can trigger the following issues:
- The Windows Start Menu does not respond to mouse clicks or the Windows key.
- Windows Search does not respond to mouse clicks on pressing the Search button or Windows+S key.
- Microsoft Outlook can’t connect and sync anymore.
- Microsoft OneDrive can’t connect and sync anymore.
More investigation has shown that the ClickShare App triggers a bug in the Microsoft Office API (MAPI). This bug removes application packages’ permissions from the following Registry path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
The ClickShare App reads the Microsoft Outlook Calendar via the Microsoft Outlook API for the One-Click-Join feature. The One-Click-Join feature can be disabled through the Calendar Integration toggle in the app settings.
To resolve this issue:
- Ensure the ClickShare App is updated to version 4.27.2 or higher.
- Ensure the Calendar integration is disabled (default disabled as of 4.27.2).
- Follow the guidance provided by Microsoft here to recover the user profile:
In case the issue still remains, a manual correction of the user profile might be required.
In the hotfix release 4.27.2, the Calendar integration is disabled by default. That way, we can guarantee a smooth user experience again. We have kept the possibility for you to turn the Calendar Integration back on the settings. However, be aware that this might trigger the issue so caution is advised.
The issue is under investigation with Microsoft Windows team but it still is good to take up contact directly with Microsoft Windows team to flag this issue. Make sure to mention for ticket submission the tittle "unresponsive start menu or task bar” and refer to Microsoft internal bug number: 41322218
Última atualização em Feb 15 2023