Barco Certified Specialist - TransForm N (Americas Only)
**ONLY FOR THE AMERICAS** This certification course introduces students to the functionality of the TransForm N system, setup and configuration of main components, troubleshooting, and reporting issues to the Service team.
- This training is the first of a two-part certification training on TransForm N.
- Consists of on-line lessons and instructor-lead instruction.
- It is designed to teach students how to service and maintain all common TransForm N input, output and service nodes.
- The Specialist Level course focuses on the hardware and their functionality mainly, in a way that a TransForm N Certified Specialist is able to assist in installing a full TransForm N Control Room and able to execute basic troubleshooting steps, and to service and maintain components.
- Students will engage in considerable hands-on activities in order to practice their skills.
- The course will be delivered based on the latest available version of TransForm N.
Agenda during Covid restrictions:
- Phase 1:
- Completion of Prerequisites
- No less than 2 weeks prior to Phase 2 to allow for thorough understanding of the content
- Phase 2:
- Option 1:
- Student utilizes lab (either company owned or rented from Barco) for training
- 3 days of virtual training delivered by instructor
- Rental lab is ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA
- Can be used for 2 students at a time
- Flat shipping/rental fee of $1500 USD for anywhere in the Continental USA
- Flat shipping/rental fee of $2000 USD for anywhere in Canada
- For available dates please contact Barco Training Manager (email@example.com)
- Student travels to Barco for class (Unavailable at this time)
- Phase 3:
- Online exam will become available on the last day of the class and will be open for a period of ONE week
- Successful completion of the online TransForm N: Getting Started elearning course. There will be a short quiz at the start of class covering the contained topics, take it as many times as needed.
- Successful completion of the online WallConnect Software e-learning course. Although this is not directly linked to TransForm N, most installations have a video wall managed by Barco's WallConnect software. It is important to know the role this plays in a control room.
- Download and familiarize yourself with the Operator training for TransForm ECU with CMS
- Basic knowledge of LAN and TCP/IP
- Basic knowledge of Windows Operating systems (7, 10)
- Basic knowledge of video and computer graphics (resolutions, formats, protocols)
- This training is intended for Barco service engineers and external Service Partners who will service or assist in a TransForm N installation.
- This training is NOT suitable for end-customers: As most projects are unique and combine multiple products and technologies, we recommend end-customers contact their Barco sales, service representative or project manager to request a customized training better suited to answer the specific needs for their project. This way the training can be optimized in length and in content to cover only the components that are installed at the end-customer’s site and that are of relevance, as well as focus on how the system is used, and also accommodate special areas of interest or need.
At the end of the session the attendee will be able to:
- Use a TransForm N system
- Assist Certified Experts with installation of a TransForm N system
- Service and maintain a TransForm N system
- Design basic perspectives and layouts including decorations
- Backup and restore configuration
- Understand where to find help
- Collect relevant information prior to escalating a problem to Barco
Welcome and introduction
- Instructor/student introductions
- Class rules
- E-learning refresh!
System Introduction and familiarization
- CMS Server: purpose and role
- Sources: each type and when to use
- Displays: controllers and decoders
- Network: role in the system
Device configuration web pages
- CMS server
- Display controller
Client applications & Operator exercises
- Device Manager Client
Service and maintenance tasks
- Accessing resources on Barco.com
- Building and configuring a full system
- Upgrading TransForm N
- Introduction to TransForm N-SD/ ECU-200
Validation of training and troubleshooting
- Students rebuild system with little interaction with instructor
- Source creation
- Display creation
- Troubleshooting exercises
- Barco University familiarization
- How to access exam
- Exam review
- Becomes available to student via their MyBarco account at the conclusion of class
- Available for 1 week from day 3
- Student has 3 hours to complete, once started it is not resumable
- 50 Questions
- 2 attempts possible
* The agenda is subject to local changes. The training offerings will define the time when the class starts.
$2000 USD per student / If rental kit is needed there is an additional fee, see Phase 2 in the "Agenda" above for amounts
Barco Certified Specialist - TransForm N (valid for 2 years from date of issuance)