2. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
Barco is the party responsible for the processing of your personal data. This means that Barco determines for what purposes and with what means your personal data will be processed.
3. Which personal data do we process about you?
We collect your personal data in three ways:
i) Information provided by you
We receive your information in the first place if you share it with us by:
- contacting us via the contact form
- filling in a form on our website
- creating a “myBarco” account
- requesting content or software (e.g. brochures or drivers)
- signing up for email communications
- participating in a survey (e.g. the survey system may create and maintain a random “SurveyID” when you agree to participate in the survey; your responses to survey questions, as well as details about how you connected to the survey website, including your SurveyID, and the date and time when you connected may be collected)
- ·ordering a product online
- logging a ticket for technical questions (“eSupport”)
- asking for service support
- applying for our certified training program
- registering our product(s)
- activating license entitlement(s) for our products
- registering for an event or webinar
- using one of Barco’s online tools (ie. Digital Cinema Calculator, Digital Cinema Projector Finder, …)
ii) Automatically obtained information
When you browse our website, we receive data from cookie providers about your activity on our website such as the time and duration of your visit, the hyperlinks that you clicked which brought you to our website and the hyperlinks on our website which link to other websites, your IP address, the pages you visit, the browser you use, geographical data such as your location and your preferred language.
iii) Information obtained from third parties
Sometimes we also receive your information from affiliated companies or from professional data suppliers.
If you are an end user of a Barco product, we may collect your data if a dealer provides your information in the context of promotions or business opportunities.
4. For what purposes do we process your personal data?
a. In order to respond to your requests and keep you informed
We process your personal data when you request a brochure, order a product, ask to be kept informed of our activities, projects, offers, events, actions and so on.
For this purpose we may process data such as your name, your address, your e-mail address, your telephone number, your preferred language and the project or the region in which you are interested.
These data are processed on the basis of your unambiguous consent, the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or your request to take steps prior to entering into a contract.
b. In order to answer your questions and exchange information
If you ask us questions by telephone or e-mail, we will process your personal data in order to respond to your question.
For this purpose we may process data such as your name, your company name, your position, your e-mail address, your telephone number, your correspondence with Barco and all other personal data that you provide to us that can be relevant for answering your question.
These data are processed on the basis of your request to take steps prior to entering a contract, the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or Barco’s legitimate interest in informing you about its activities.
c. In order to set up and manage a myBarco account
We process personal data when you create a personal myBarco account. When you sign into your myBarco account, we create a record of your sign-in, which includes the date and time, your sign-in name and the unique number assigned to your account. Signing into your account enables improved personalization, the possibility to follow a Barco training, ask for service support and other enhanced features and settings.
For this purpose we may process data such as your name, your e-mail address, your telephone number, your preferred language, your company name, your Barco contact, your partner types and your market and application segments.
These data are processed on the basis of your unambiguous consent, your request to take steps prior to entering a contract, the performance of a contract to which you are a party or Barco’s legitimate interest in informing you about its activities.
d. For administration and organisation of events or webinars
We process personal data when you register for a live/virtual event or webinar hosted by/at Barco, to reserve a place for you at the event or webinar, to provide information about the event or webinar for which you have registered, for general administration and organisation of the event or webinar, to ask you for your feedback or review after an event or webinar you have attended, to create an attendance list which will be shared with an exhibitor or sponsor at the event, to plan better future events or webinars and attendee experience, to communicate with you about other events, webinars, news, products and services in accordance with your preferences, to film and photograph the event. You will be notified in the invitation, on the event/webinar registration page and/or on signs at the event if we intend to photograph/film an event, which will be used to market Barco and to promote future events or webinars on our website and social media channels. Where possible, we will provide photo- and film-free zones.
For this purpose we may process personal data such as your first name, last name, e-mail address, telephone number, address details (street, number, postcode, city, country), the event you wish to attend, your position, your image and other personal and/ or contact details.
These data are processed on the basis of Barco’s legitimate interest of event planning or your unambiguous consent.
e. For the technical and functional management of our websites
We process personal data for the technical and functional management of our websites, in order to personalise the websites and to ensure that the websites are easy to use.
For this purpose we may process data such as your IP address, the pages you visit, the browser you use, the websites you visited earlier, geographical data such as your location, your preferred language and the time and duration of your visit.
These data are processed on the basis of your unambiguous consent or Barco’s legitimate interest in improving its websites and protecting itself against cyber-attacks.
5. Who has access to your personal data?
Barco can share your data with other companies associated with Barco.
We may share your personal data with third parties to perform certain (processing) activities:
- processors who act on our behalf, such as e.g. marketing and communication companies;
- business partners with whom we carry out joint promotions or programs;
- distributors and resellers who are authorized to sell Barco products in order to provide sales services;
- business partners who provide service support;
- service providers for hosting the websites;
- IT service providers that provide technical support;
- payment service providers;
- external organisations providing services for events/webinars;
- mobile application providers for planning, management and analysis of events/ webinars;
- attorneys and external advisors: in certain cases Barco may transfer your personal data to attorneys and external advisors if this is necessary to give us advice or to defend our rights;
- supervisory authorities in case of a lawful request;
- possible acquirers of the whole or part of Barco in the event that (a part of) our activities would be taken over by a third party.
Barco is committed to always ensuring an adequate and sufficient level of protection for your data. If you have any questions or would like more information about the transfer of your personal data outside the European Economic Area, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data are not provided to other parties, unless required by law or pursuant to a court order.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
If no legal retention period applies, Barco will process your data at least as long as it has a contractual relationship with you.
8. How are your personal data protected?
Barco strives to protect your personal data by means of technical and organisational measures, such as firewalls and secured servers that may only be accessed by a limited number of persons holding special access rights and with respect to the nature of the data.
Despite these measures, due care should be taken when storing and/or sharing your personal data and login, particularly when connecting via unsecure or public networks.
9. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
You have a number of rights with regard to your personal data, such as the right of access, the right to rectification of inaccurate personal data, the right to erasure or restriction of processing, the right to data portability, the right not to be subject to profiling and the right to object to the processing. Some of these rights have a very specific scope or are subject to special conditions or exceptions. Please contact our DPO for any questions or requests regarding the processing of your personal data (email@example.com).
If the processing of your data is based on consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without this affecting the legitimacy of the processing done prior to the withdrawal of your consent. You can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the below mentioned address or you can visit the unsubscribe page on our website https://infopages.barco.com/Unsubscribe-Page.html . Barco cannot process your request without proof of your identity.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of an alleged infringement. The Belgian Data Protection Authority is the supervisory authority for Belgium and can be contacted at email@example.com.
- by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by phone at the number +32 56 26 2215
- by mail to
Barco – Data Protection Officer
8500 Kortrijk, Belgium