Certification for Barco series 2 Smart Laser projectors, installation and basic maintenance.
This course provides level 1 certification for the installation, basic troubleshooting and maintenance of Barco series 2, Smart Laser projectors. Over 50% of the course is devoted to hands-on activities. Participants gain the requisite skills to successfully install Barco Series 2 projectors in a theater or exhibitor environment.
- Digital Cinema introduction: DCI architecture and specifications
- Overview of the projector’s portfolio: Xenon, Laser, High Contrast Version…
- Projector Hardware: Elca Box, Light engine, Optics, Lens, Light Source
- Communication Interfaces
- Barco Tool: Lens calculator, Calculator sheet (define the right projector for the right screen
- Projector installation: site survey, electrical connections, environment (exhaust, ambient air).
- Projector installation: Hands on.
- Physical connections, mechanical alignment.
- Alignment to maximum quality (brightness, Uniformity…)
- Focus, Convergence, Color Calibration, Color Verification, Presets creation.
- Laser introduction. How does Laser phosphor technology work.
- Laser Light source: overview of all the components: Laser banks, phosphor wheel, cooling, optics…
- Highlight on retrofit: remove of xenon components and installation of Laser parts (Light source, LDM, Laser controller Board, Cooler).
- Focus on Laser calibration: How to achieve best quality for new installations and retrofit?
- White point calibration, SCC file…
- Second Hands on session.
- Scheduled maintenance: maintenance A, B, C
- Test: theory (30 questions both on Xenon and Laser).
- Test: practical part. Purpose: align correctly a projector (mechanical alignment, brightness, focus, Convergence, Colors, Presets creation…).