One of our customers, INSEAD, a leading business school with four Barco weConnect virtual classrooms for executive education, also delivers virtual reality experiences for a wide range of programs, from leadership to strategy, marketing, operations negotiation, diversity & inclusion.
In the global organization, the metaverse will be perfect for improving soft skills and enhancing communication abilities: customer service, sales negotiations, conflict management, leadership, public speaking, mentoring, diversity & inclusion, etc.
Trainees can enter a simulation and practice with a trainer, a team member or even a digital AI assistant.
Onboarding and mandatory training programs will be made fun and interactive, turned into adventures just like video games. Imagine a cybersecurity quest in which you must protect the world´s most important database from evil hackers.
In the metaverse, training simulations will be highly customizable for a perfectly tailored experience: space design and environment, colors, sounds and visuals, characters etc.
Analytics will also be more advanced. Those will include biometrics (data related to human reactions) such as eye-tracking, face or voice recognition, even heart-rate sensors, which will enable more objective evaluations on skill acquirement.
Overall, the metaverse will make L&D more:
- Flexible. You will just have to put your headset on, click a few times and join your virtual training space from any place connected to the internet.
- Global. Bring together talents worldwide and deliver programs that transcend borders.
- Immersive. The space you join will be a realistic, 3D environment of shared physical space.
- Customizable. A digital space like the metaverse will allow a user to personalize the environment and features of their learning experience.
- Experiential. There will be more room (literally and metaphorically!) to acquire skills by doing, practicing and refining.
- Social. People will be able to see each other (via avatars), collaborate in-depth, create real connections and learn together in a shared space.
- Gamified. Learning can literally turn into a game. An example? You will be able to design an internal sustainability training and make it a quest to save the planet from global warming.
- Risk free. The metaverse will provide a safe place to try and potentially fail with no risk of losing business and less stress.
- Accessible. Learning will be accessible to more people, regardless of their location and abilities.
Not ready for the metaverse yet? No problem!
The metaverse will take a while before it becomes a reality, but it is time to look at your organization and explore your options based on modern technologies.
Stay up to date with technology and bring that knowledge into your organization. Explore the applications of immersive technologies in your organization, build a use case and experiment.
Take the next step in your learning and development strategy and discover weConnect. Our technology will bring together your global workforces – flexibly and sustainably – in a live, first-class virtual or hybrid experience, whether that is a training session, a workshop or a town hall meeting.
It will help you engage your participants and immerse them in an experience that gives everyone a front-row seat, thanks to the multiple content streams and views.
Lastly, it will enable in-depth collaboration and forge meaningful connections in a measurable way as well as create quality interaction through polls, quizzes, live chat, whiteboards and breakout rooms.
Read more about Barco weConnect or join a discovery session.