How can you make sure people and content are equally seen? Dive into the facts & figures of meeting equity.
Download your free ebook>
What’s on screen? Or should we say who’s on screen?
When bringing in remote participants to your hybrid meetings, the concept creation of meeting spaces becomes more complex. In video meetings content is no longer king. People are equally important. Meeting participants are very self-conscious, meeting dynamics change and surroundings play a large role. As 70% of communication is related to body language and facial expressions, these need to be captured on screen as good as possible.
Better collaboration is no longer about just productivity or time efficiency, it is also about creating high-quality, life-like video and audio experiences and giving everyone an equal share of voice, both inside and outside the room. The right room design and ecosystem can help counter that feeling of inequality for remote users.
Let’s get practical
Here are some practical tips to design equitable meeting spaces that truly make sure people and content get equal attention.
Is everyone seen?
- Position the room display for the best camera angles. Place it a bit higher and the camera just below, on eye-level
- Have have at least two displays so you can separate remote participants (gallery views) from content
- Install AI-powered cameras zooming in on in-room participants when speaking
Is everyone heard?
- Check the room acoustics
- Install decent microphones and speakers
- Benefit from AI features like voice recognition
Always consider the complete room ecosystem
- Place furniture that suits the room size and optimal viewing of participants
- Foresee proper lighting, screens
- Install dual screens for people and content whenever possible
- Integrate a whiteboard functionality or foresee a camera on a physical whiteboard
- Integrate a room booking system and digital signage
Put the user experience first
- Implement solutions that are wireless, seamless and automated
- Create a flexible setup for your existing meeting spaces that switches effortlessly from UC mode to BYOM modes
- Make requesting IT assistance easy