Deploying XMS Virtual Edge OVA file on VMware (ESXi, Workstation or Viewer)
If you have Workstation or Viewer, simply double click the OVA file and the import begins.
This process is a vanilla install of a virtual machine. This process is to give you a preview of what to expect.[KB9776] in the Barco Knowledgebase provides the recommended physical requirement on the VMware Host.
No advanced tools provided by vCenter have been tested or verified, use at your own risk.
DO NOT modify/add VMware tools to the XMS VM.
The THIN disk is shown in this lab example, live deployments should use THICK for performance.
- Click Create/Register VM menu, select Deploy a virtual machine from an OVF or OVA file and then click Next.
- Provide VM Name, Drag and drop the OVA file and then click Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the deployment process.
Import the OVA using vCenter
- Select a host.
- Select Deploy OVF Template.
- Browse to the OVA file and select
- Provide VM name or use the default name, select Datacenter, select a host, select storage.
- Use the default Network option (nat) or select bridged as required by your VM IT team.
- Start the deployed VM.
Access the URL displayed on the VM monitor/screen with any browser. Follow the prompts to complete the configuration. Use your Barco account (created on the Barco.com home page) that is normally used to access Barco content. You can create administration users after the fact.
Migrating from a 1.x version of CMGS involves backing up and restoring of the database. Follow the prompts supported by the XMS browser to add base units.
wePresent configuration is only in offline mode [KB9733]
The XMS installs with DHCP only, there is no option for a static IP until the system registers with Barco online. The XMS must go online at least one time to be commissioned, then it is possible to go offline.