If your ClickShare Button fails to pair, this will be indicated by either of the following signals:
- the LED of the Button is flashing red
- a message is shown on the Base Unit screen
- the Button update seems to take much longer than usual
In case any of the above signals are present, the following actions can help you troubleshoot the problem:
- When pairing the Button for the first time or after an update, the Button will update it's own firmware. This can take a couple of minutes, please allow sufficient time. As long as no errors are reported, it might still be updating in the background (even if the progress bar does not advance). When this process takes more than 5 minutes, something might be wrong.
- Not all Buttons work with every Base Unit. The ClickShare Base Units and Buttons can be categorized into three distinct families, and their Buttons will only work within that family.
More information on compatibility between Base Units and Buttons can be found in [KB6454]. In case you purchased the wrong Button, please contact your point of sale.
- In case of hardware failure is suspected and your device is still under warranty, please contact your point of sale who can help you get a warranty replacement.
- In case none of the above holds true, please consult the following online troubleshooting guide for pairing buttons here before creating a ticket with the Barco helpdesk.
Last updated Mar 23 2020