Barco’s weConnect solution offers an easy way to achieve a fully functional collaborative learning environment. The system allows students and teachers to bring their own devices to the classroom and share their information, whether it is graphics, video, audio or applications, on the pod displays and the classroom projector.
BYOD is not only about sharing pixels to screens – personal devices are an essential collaborative interaction tool as well. The system therefore comes with interaction option to allow students and teachers to work in groups, access any content, annotate it and store locally on their devices or share the notes. Support for quizzes, polls, real-time feedback and silent questions allow all students to be active learners. Teachers are free to walk around withtheir own device. Which gives full preview and moderation control over the room, pods and sources.
Key featuresKey features
- Wireless presentation with automatic source composition
- The NCN-Base drives a single display
- The display node allows 4 BYODs simultaneously mirrored to the display
- Teachers and students can connect wirelessly to the display using any device with MirrorOP and Airplay
- The NCN-Base can stream the display content to other displays in the room
- The display node provides thumbnail views on student and teacher devices
- Teachers control the displays from a simple web interface (with previews)
- Students and teachers interact through a web based cloud application
- The web interface is compatible with all major operating systems
- Students can only share content on their display by using PIN codes
- Easy integration in the campus network. Connectivity over multiple subnets
- Students and teachers use standard network connections for local services and benefit from presentation, interaction and collaboration features
- Automatic EDID management and scaling, the best experience without display adjustments