ScreenSHAPER is a self-contained 19-inch rack mount unit. The unit processes an input image to correct geometry errors introduced when an image is projected off-axis (keystone correction) or on a screen that is not flat in Warp Mode and for non-curve applications to adjust overlap region aberrations caused by lens disortion or imperfect projector placement. However, in Rotation Mode, ScreenSHAPER performs image rotation, image mirroring and scan conversion.
ScreenSHAPER accepts high-resolution video in analog RGB or digital DVI format. The unit automatically locks to the input video and processes it in real time.The operator can process the entire input image or select an input area of interest to be scaled and processed. In Warp Mode ScreenSHAPER supports general-purpose distortion correction through the use of drag and drop controls for the alignment of image elements to fiduciary marks on the screen surface. In Rotation Mode, ScreenSHAPER supports rotation of an input image in 90-degree increments: 0, 90, 180, and 270 as well as image mirroring (flipping an image left-to-right) and inversion (flipping an image from top-to-bottom).
ScreenSHAPER can perform scan conversion in addition to the specified re-mapping functions. The output format may be selected by the user to match the native resolution of the output device to optimize image fidelity.
Warp Mode: ScreenSHAPER can be used whenever it is necessary to correct geometry errors introduced by an optical system.Typical applications include correction for distortion when an image is projected off-axis or onto surfaces that are not flat.
Rotation Mode: ScreenSHAPER can be used whenever it is necessry to rotate or flip a high-resoluiton image. Typical applications include conversion oc vertically-scanned images to standard raster format, rotation to support displays in portrait mode (rather than in the typical landscape mode) and mirroring to correct for image flips ;introduced by optical systems.
- Accepts analog RGB or digital DVI video with resolutions up to 1280x1024, non-interlaced
- Automatically locks to the input video and processes it in real-time
- Processes the entire input image or a user-defined "area of interest"
- Supports independent X, Y scaling for aspect ratio correction
- Image flip: left-to-right and top-to-bottom
- Simple "drag and drop"controls are used to align image elements with fiduciary marks
- User-selectable Output Formats:VGA(640x480), SVGA(800x600), XGA (1024x768), SXGA (1280x1024)
- Supports RGB or DVI video output
- Simple, intuitive front panel controls support quick set-up
- RS-232/485 serial interface for remote control of all functions
- Rugged 19"rack-mount chassis
- Non-volatile storage of configuration data
- Built-in test generator
- Backed by full three-year warranty