XMS Virtual Edge is a software to monitor and manage ClickShare devices It is available as an Oracle Virtualbox or VMWare compatible. OVA file. A fresh install of XMS Virtual Edge 2.x must use a virtual machine created from this OVA.
Initial deployment -> a DHCP server must be accessible by the VM, the image needs DHCP to initialize, it can be changed to static after the system registers.
The OVA file defines the following (recommendation) for the virtual machine:
- Number of Virtual CPUs: 4 Cores (in the hardware version processor is Intel Core i5, 7th generation)
- Amount of RAM: 4 GB
- Size of Hard Disk: 40 GB (preferred thick provisioning, although thin will work)
- the XMS Edge has no firewall inbound rules (there are no inbound connections that traverse the firewall)
- Only outbound rules are required (see referenced KB's for external destination URL's that need to be in the Firewall exception list)
- ESXi requirements: ESXi 6.5 and above are supported
- vCenter requirements: none
|ESXi version||vCenter version|
|No vCenter, directly on ESXi||6.0.0||6.5.0||6.7.0|
Last updated Jan 11 2022